Rapid Clinics is a leading provider of Ultrasound services across the UK. Ultrasound scans use sound waves to take images of the inside of your body. They look for any changes in your organs and/or tissue. A private Ultrasound scan from Rapid Clinics is a quick, non-invasive and safe procedure. You can choose your own appointment and book online. There is no need for a GP referral.
(We are sorry, but Vista Health do not provide pregnancy related ultrasounds).
Ultrasound is a non-evasive scan which uses high frequency soundwaves of the inside of your body. During your private Ultrasound scan, a probe is passed over the skin and this emits sound waves. These sound waves bounce off your organs and send a signal via the microphone to the computer which then displays the sound as an image.
Ultrasound is highly effective so can be used for a range of medical concerns:
- The urinery tract, kidneys, ureters or bladder
- Upper / lower abdomen and pelvis
- Gynaecological (female pelvis)
- Prostate and testicular
- Musculoskeletal (MSK)
- Soft tissue
Advantages of Ultrasounds:
- Ultrasound captures highly detailed images of the soft tissues that do not usually appear well on X-rays. They also enable real-time imaging.
- As Ultrasound scans use high frequency sound waves, they are an extremely safe and convenient procedure. The patient is fully awake during the procedure and no discomfort is experienced.