Fully Vaccinated Amber Arrivals in England
About this Test
Fully Vaccinated Amber Arrivals into England: Day 2 Test
- UK Arrivals – Day 2 Test [If fully vaccinated & arriving in England on or after 19th July 2021 & a UK Citizen)
- Fully vaccinated in Europe or the USA.
- Children aged 5-18 years returning from an Amber country.
- Required for arrivals from Amber listed countries from the 19th July 2021 if fully vaccinated with x2 Covid-19 vaccines (at least 14 days prior.)
- These tests can be used by both adults who are fully vaccinated and for Children aged 5 years and above regardless of vaccination status.
New amber list rules if vaccinated in Europe or the USA
From 2 August (4am), if you’re coming to England from an amber list country and have been fully vaccinated in the USA or Europe you will not have to quarantine or take a day 8 test on arrival.
The European countries that this rule applies to are:
- EU countries
- Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican City
The rules are different if you’ve been in France.
You must be fully vaccinated with a vaccine authorised by:
- the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for Europe
- Swissmedic for Switzerland
- the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the USA
You must have had your final dose of the vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England.
You must still book and take a day 2 test.
Children from the USA and Europe
Children under 18 who are residents of the USA or the listed European countries also do not need to quarantine or take a day 8 test.
They must follow the same rules as children and young people from the UK which are in this guide.
All Non-UK Residents
At present, if you are not from England (regardless of your vaccination status) you are required to undertake either Amber or Green Arrival Tests as per the country classification. Even after the 19th July 2021.
Day 2 Vaccinated Arrivals Tests – Unique Booking Reference
- You will be required to add your unique test booking reference within your online passenger locator form. (Prior to arrival in the UK)
- Please note your unique reference number will be starting with Prefix QUICK11 followed by five digit of order number. Order number will be sent via email once order is successfully booked.